COX BRINGS CUSTOMERS NBCUNIVERSAL’S COVERAGE OF 2022 OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES,
FEBRUARY 3-20, 2022
Video Subscribers Gain Access to NBCUniversal’s Winter Olympics: Record 2,800+ Hours of Multi-Platform Coverage of Olympic Winter Games
ATLANTA, GA – FEBRUARY 3, 2022 – Cox Communications, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multi-platform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXIV Olympic Winter Games from Beijing, China, which take place from February 3-20, 2022. Cox’s video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal’s Winter Olympics-record 2,800+ hours of Olympic programming, including coverage of all competition sessions, on-demand.
In addition to enjoying extensive linear coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, USA Network, and CNBC, subscribers can stay connected to the Olympic Winter Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, via authentication, which will stream more than 2,100 hours of Winter Olympics coverage.
*Live streaming of the NBC broadcast network on Cox is available only in markets where distributors carry the NBC network.
The following multi-platform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Cox customers to watch and be a part of the Winter Olympics through their televisions, PCs, mobile and tablet apps, and connected TVs.
NBCUniversal’s Winter Olympics Experience Available to Cox Customers Includes:
- Linear Networks: The NBC broadcast network will televise nearly 200 hours of coverage, including 18 nights in primetime. The primetime presentation will again be televised live across the country, featuring all the Olympic Winter Games’ most high-profile sports, including figure skating, alpine skiing, snowboarding, short track, speed skating, and more. USA Network, the platform that now hosts many of NBC Sports’ most high-profile events, will be the cable home of the Winter Olympics, televising nearly 400 hours across 19 days and nights. CNBC, NBCUniversal’s widely distributed business channel, will present roughly 80 hours of Winter Olympics’ coverage, mostly in the evenings when the network’s traditional business coverage has finished for the day.
- Peacock Premium: The Opening Ceremonies, along with hundreds of highlights and original shows will be available live on Peacock Premium. Cox Internet customers with Contour TV or Contour Stream Player service have Peacock Premium included with their plan at no additional cost from now through the end of this year.
- NBCOlympics.com and NBC Sports app: NBC Sports Digital will stream more than 2,100 hours of the 2022 Winter Olympics, a record from any prior Winter Olympics, on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, via authentication, live streaming of all events and competition across desktops, mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs for authenticated users; TV simul-stream coverage of the three television networks broadcasting the Olympic Winter Games; and enhanced viewing experiences for select sports.
- NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app will once again feature event rewinds and extensive video highlights. Cox customers can watch 2022 Winter Olympics coverage live online at no additional charge.
- In-Games On Demand: NBCUniversal is making 2022 Olympic Winter Games highlights and select full-event replays available via Cox’s Contour set-top boxes and TV Everywhere platforms. Approximately 30 highlight clips per day, including key event recaps, highlights, viral moments, and more. Approximately five full-event replays per day, featuring curling, hockey, and select other sports.
- Pre-Games On Demand: Available now and continuing through the 2022 Winter Olympics, viewers can access more than 60 pre-Olympic Winter Games clips in HD via Contour set-top box and [insert DISTRO PARTNER]’s website, including highlights from select Olympic trials, athlete features, and more.
- In-Games: In addition to live streaming, NBCOlympics.com will provide the ultimate 2022 Winter Olympics web experience, with access to live streams of practices and an active news desk that will regularly publish Olympic Winter Games updates throughout each day. NBCOlympics.com will once again be the home for results, schedules, medal counts, athlete profile pages, and more.
- Interactive TV: Cox customers will have access to an on-screen interactive application for simultaneous viewing of NBCUniversal’s real-time medal counts, athlete bios and reports, Olympic news and more. The interactive TV experience is available to Cox customers during Winter Olympics programming on NBCUniversal’s networks and will provide a mosaic of live video panels from coverage of the Olympic Winter Games all on one screen.
- 4K HDR: Cox will present 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) coverage of the Olympic Winter Games provided by NBCUniversal to its Contour TV customers with 4K TVs.
- Voice Remote: Cox Contour customers can use their voice remotes to access Winter Olympics content by simply saying “Olympics” and “Winter Sports” into their remotes.
ABOUT COX COMMUNICATIONS
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve nearly seven million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
ABOUT NBC SPORTS
NBC Sports connects people to the moments that matter most and serves sports fans 24/7 with premier live events, insightful studio shows, and compelling original programming. The sports media company presents premier content across linear platforms NBC, USA Network, Golf Channel, and Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, as well numerous digital sites, including Peacock. It also consists of NBC Sports Next, a subdivision of NBC Sports and home to all NBCUniversal digital applications in sports and technology within its three groups: Youth & Recreational Sports, Golf, and Betting & Gaming. NBC Sports possesses an unparalleled collection of media rights agreements, partnering with some of the most prestigious sports properties in the world: the International Olympic Committee and United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee, the NFL, NASCAR, INDYCAR, PGA TOUR, The R&A, PGA of America, USGA, Churchill Downs, Premier League, Tour de France, Roland-Garros, and many more.