Cox Brings Customers NBCUniversal’s Coverage of Tokyo Olympic Games, July 23 – August 8
Contour Subscribers Gain Access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 7,000 hours of Multi-Platform Coverage of the Tokyo Olympics
ATLANTA, GA – July 28, 2021 – Cox Communications, in agreement with NBCUniversal, today announced a multi-platform content offering for NBCUniversal’s coverage of the XXXII Olympiad, which take place July 23-August 8, 2021, in Tokyo, Japan. Cox’s Contour video subscribers will have access to NBCUniversal’s unprecedented 7,000 hours of Olympic programming, including coverage of all competition sessions, on-demand.
In addition to enjoying extensive linear coverage on the networks of NBCUniversal, including NBC, USA Network, CNBC, NBCSN, GOLF Channel, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, Telemundo and Universo, subscribers can stay connected to the Tokyo Olympic Games wherever they go via NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, via authentication, which will stream more than 5,500 hours of Tokyo Olympics coverage.
The following multi-platform offerings from NBCUniversal will allow Cox customers to watch and be a part of this summer’s Tokyo Olympics through their televisions, PCs, mobile and tablet apps, and connected TVs.
NBCUniversal’s Tokyo Olympics Experience Available to Cox Contour Customers Includes:
- Linear Networks: The NBC broadcast network will once again be the backbone of NBCUniversal’s coverage, providing 17 consecutive nights of primetime coverage and 250 hours of the biggest stories of the Games. Five English-language NBCUniversal cable networks – USA Network, CNBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, and GOLF Channel – will present 1,300+ hours of Tokyo Olympics coverage this summer.
- NBCOlympics.com and NBC Sports app: NBC Sports Digital will stream more than 5,500 hours of the Tokyo Olympics on NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app, via authentication, including all 41 sports and 339 medal events on the Tokyo 2020 program, plus the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, medal ceremonies, and more.
Olympic live streaming and digital only content will be made available at NBCOlympics.com for PCs, and via the NBC Sports app for mobile devices, tablets, and connected TVs verified customers who subscribe to a package that includes NBCUniversal’s networks and who log-in to the site or app.
- NBCOlympics.com and the NBC Sports app will once again feature full-event replays and extensive video highlights. Cox customers can easily verify their subscriptions and watch Olympic coverage live online at no additional charge.
- NBCOlympics.com: In addition to live streaming, NBCOlympics.com will provide the ultimate Olympic web experience, with real-time results, medal standings, athlete pages, recaps, and 150+ daily video clips, including event highlights, recaps, viral moments and more.
- In-Games On Demand: NBCUniversal is making Olympic highlights and select full-event replays available via Cox’s Video-On-Demand service. Approximately 50 highlights per day, including competitions, viral moments, medal ceremonies, and more. Approximately 10 full-event replays per day, featuring U.S. team sports such as basketball and soccer.
- Pre-Games On Demand: Available now and continuing through the Tokyo Olympics, viewers can access more than 150 pre-Games clips in HD via set-top box and on the Contour app on phones, tablets or computers, including highlights from select U.S. Olympic Team Trials, athlete features, and Tokyo look-aheads.
- 4K HDR: Cox will present 4K High Dynamic Range (HDR) coverage of the Olympic Games provided by NBCUniversal to its customers on Contour 2 channels 4003, 4004 and 4005. For the first time ever, NBC Olympics will provide the NBC broadcast network’s Olympics primetime show in certain markets in the 4K Ultra High Definition (UHD) format with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and ATMOS sound. Coverage will be made available on one-day delay and will include 4K HDR footage from the Opening and Closing Ceremonies, gymnastics, track & field, swimming, diving, beach volleyball, golf, tennis and other sports. Competition coverage will also be available next day in 4K throughout the Olympic Games on GOLF Channel and the Olympic Channel.
- Olympics Hub on Contour: Customers get a front row seat to the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games with the Olympics Hub on Contour. Viewers can select favorite athletes, teams and nations, for quick and easy access to the content they about most. The Contour Voice Remote can easily find their favorite athletes, teams and nations with the voice command, “Olympics.”
ABOUT COX COMMUNICATIONS
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through technology. The largest private broadband company in America, we proudly serve seven million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that make each one unique. Cox Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a family-owned business founded in1898 by Governor James M. Cox.
ABOUT NBC OLYMPICS
A division of NBC Sports Group, NBC Olympics is responsible for producing, programming and promoting NBCUniversal’s coverage of the Olympic and Paralympic Games. NBC Olympics is renowned for its unsurpassed Olympic heritage, award-winning production, and ability to aggregate the largest audiences in U.S. television history. NBCUniversal owns the U.S. media rights on all platforms to all Olympic Games through 2032. NBC Olympics also produces thousands of hours of Olympic sports programming throughout the year, which is presented on NBC, NBCSN, Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA, Peacock and NBC Sports digital platforms.