Cox Communications to Offer Free Preview of NBA TV During Week of the NBA All-Star Game
ATLANTA - Cox Communications, Inc. announced today that Cox Digital Cable customers will have an all-access pass to NBA TV, the league's 24-hour television network during the week of February 12 - 17 which includes the NBA All-Star weekend, February 12-15.Cox Digital Cable customers can enjoy the free preview of NBA TV by accessing a designated channel on their local Cox system. Select Cox cable systems will provide the free preview on Cox Cable analog service in addition to their digital service. NBA TV is currently available as part of Cox's Sports + Information digital tier.
NBA TV is the first network launched by a professional sports league and provides viewers behind-the-scenes access, basketball authenticity and insider's perspective, featuring original programming, four nights a week of live NBA games, up to 50 high-definition telecasts, NBA playoff games, WNBA games, international competitions and the most comprehensive highlights and up-to-the-minute information.
Cox Digital Cable and NBA TV provide fans with the ultimate all-access pass to NBA All-Star 2004 with more than 100 hours of All-Star programming, including:
- Live, behind- the-scenes coverage of every All-Star event, including the Celebrity Game, All-Star Saturday Night, Hollywood Celebrates the Legends of the NBA and the 53rd NBA All-Star Game
- Special editions of NBA TV Insiders and NBA TV Live from Jam Session
- Red carpet coverage of Saturday and Sunday night performers including Beyonce Knowles, Outkast, Christina Aguilera, Nelly Furtado, P. Diddy, Vince Vaughn, Ashanti, Hilary Duff and Usher
- Exclusive interviews with All-Stars, Legends and Celebrities
- All-Star retrospectives, tribute features and NBA TV Over Time presentations of the history of the Three-Point Shootout and Slam Dunk competitions
- Pregame and postgame coverage, including interviews from locker rooms
- Breaking news and press conferences
- Nightly highlights and previews of upcoming events
- Live NBA game - Portland Trailblazers at LA Lakers February 17 (10:30 p.m. ET)
Cox Digital Cable customers have access to hundreds of channels of great entertainment, including up to seven sports packages, 45 cd-quality digital music channels and an interactive on-screen programming guide that makes it easy to find out what's on and what's coming up. Cox customers can also choose Cox's High Definition Television service package of up to ten channels including local broadcast channels. In select markets, Cox offers Entertainment on Demand and Digital Video Recorder (DVR) service.
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications (NYSE: COX), a Fortune 500 company, is a multi-service broadband communications company with approximately 6.6 million total customers, including 6.3 million basic cable subscribers. The nation's fourth-largest cable television provider, Cox offers both analog cable television under the Cox Cable brand as well as advanced digital video service under the Cox Digital Cable brand. Cox provides an array of other communications and entertainment services, including local and long distance telephone under the Cox Digital Telephone brand; high-speed Internet access under the Cox High Speed Internet brand; and commercial voice and data services via Cox Business Services. Local cable advertising, promotional opportunities and production services are sold under the Cox Media brand. Cox is an investor in programming networks including Discovery Channel. More information about Cox Communications can be accessed on the Internet at www.cox.com.
Cox Communications, Inc.