Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in cable telephone and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For eight years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 10 times, including the last nine years.
- Cox has approximately 6 million total residential and commercial customers
- Total revenues of $10.4 billion in 2014
- Cox operates 6 clustered cable systems in 18 states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Virginia
- Cox has approximately 20,000 employees nationwide
- In the last 10 years, Cox has invested more than $15 billion in its communities through infrastructure upgrades to deliver video, phone and high-speed Internet service to homes and businesses in the company’s service area.
- Cox’s in-kind and direct cash contributions totaled nearly $60 million dollars in 2014, with a community outreach focus on youth and education initiatives.
- Cox is a leader in customer satisfaction, earning a total of 33 awards from J.D. Power and Associates, including 10 consecutive wins for residential phone and 8 awards for business services.
- In 2012, Cox celebrated its 50-year anniversary, and remains a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, a privately-held, family-owned corporation with $17.1 billion in annual revenues (2014)
- Since 2012, nearly 25,000 families, representing 100,000 people, have been connected to the Internet through Cox’s Connect2Compete low income broadband program.