Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The largest private telecom company in the U.S., Cox serves more than 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and new media advertising.
Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 12 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com.
- Cox has approximately 6 million total residential and commercial customers
- Total revenues of $11 billion in 2016
- Cox operates 6 clustered cable systems in 18 states: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Virginia
- Cox has approximately 20,000 employees nationwide
- Approximately 2/3 of our customers are in a bundle, approximately 1/3 of customers are triple play
- 350,000 commercial customers with more than 1.5 million business phone lines
- In the last 10 years, Cox has invested more than $15 billion in its communities through infrastructure upgrades to deliver video, phone and high-speed Internet service to homes and businesses in the company’s service area. Cox plans to invest $10 billion in the next five years.
- Cox’s in-kind and direct cash contributions totaled $70 million dollars in 2016, with a community outreach focus on youth and education initiatives.
- Cox is a leader in customer satisfaction, earning a total of 34 awards from J.D. Power and Associates, including 10 consecutive wins for residential phone and 9 awards for business services.
- Cox Communications is 55 years old, and remains a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, a privately-held, family-owned corporation with $20 billion in annual revenues (2016)
- Since 2012, Cox has connected more than 300,000 people to the Internet through the Connect2Compete program, most for the first time.